Servings: Makes 3 large salads, serves up to 6 as a side
3-4 cups kale, chopped
1 cup strawberries, sliced
3/4 cup blackberries
3/4 cup blueberries
1/2 cup carrots, shredded
1/2 cup purple cabbage, shredded
1/4 cup walnut pieces
Honey-Lemon Vinaigrette Dressing:*
2 Tbsp olive oil
juice from 1 small lemon
2 tsp honey
1 & 1/2 tsp apple cider vinegar
*looking to skip a step? Tessemae's brand Lemon Garlic dressing is also delicious in this recipe!
Herbed Tofu Croutons:
1 block extra-firm tofu
2 Tbsp olive oil
1/2 tsp of each: dried parsley, dried oregano, dried rosemary, dried basil
pinch of salt and black pepper
1. Chop kale, slice strawberries, and add to a large mixing bowl with blueberries, blackberries, walnut pieces, shredded carrots and cabbage.
2. Combine all honey-lemon vinaigrette dressing ingredients together in small mixing bowl and pour into salad bowl, tossing and coating the greens evenly. Can also top with your favorite cheese or sliced avocado!
Directions For Herbed Tofu "Croutons":
1. Preheat oven to 425. Press block of tofu for about 15 minutes to remove moisture (wrap in paper towels, place heavy item such as cast-iron skillet on top.) While tofu is pressing, add olive oil and herbs together into small dish and whisk together.
2. Dice tofu into bite-size pieces. Place tofu in ziploc bag or sealed container and pour the herb marinade on top. Shake to coat and let marinate for at least 10 minutes (I usually allow 30 minutes.)
3. Place on baking sheet lined with parchment paper or non-stick cooking spray and bake for 20 minutes. Flip, and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes (until your desired level of crispiness.)
4. For more of a crouton taste, allow to cool and refrigerate for a few hours before topping on salad. These also taste great on the salad warm and fresh from the oven!